Karina’s Fresh Golden Blush “Brusch”etta!
- 1 very small brown onion, diced finely (you can also use spanish or pink onion)
- 100 g Golden Blush cherry tomatoes, diced finely (you can use any type of cherry tomatoes)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 rasher of rindless bacon, fat removed, ripped roughly
- 1/2 a tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pinch of crushed black pepper
- 2 slices of super grains bread, toasted
- 1 small sprig of fresh oregano, leaves used, stalks removed
- 6 leaves of Mint Basil, stalks removed (you can use sweet basil, if you don’t have mint basil)
- 2 tablespoons of caramelised balsamic vinegar (you can use balsamic vinegar if you don’t have caramelised balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Turn your stove on medium heat. Adding your olive oil to a medium-sized pan, cook your bacon for 2-3 minutes, or until crispy. When crispy, add your garlic to the bacon, then cook for 20 seconds. Once cooked, turn the heat to off.
Compiling the Beauty:
Toast your super grains bread, then place onto your plate.
Mix your cherry tomatoes and onion together, then pile this mix onto your toasted bread. After this is done, place your garlic-bacon mix on top of this.
Top your bread with your fresh oregano, fresh mint basil, cracked black pepper, olive oil and caramelised balsamic vinegar.
Put your feet up and relax!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma