Kids Kitchen Safety Tips!
It’s such a wonderful thing to teach kids how to cook. It’s an even more wonderful thing, when kids remain safe in the kitchen at all times. There are many checkpoints one can fulfil, when helping kids stay safe in the kitchen. The below are some examples of some cooking tasks which are relatively safe for kids to do:
- Weigh small amounts of ingredients on the cooking scale
- Place placemats on the dining table
- Place serviettes on the dining table
- Sprinkle food with fresh herbs or cheese
- Pour small amounts of cold water into a bowl for the recipe
- Mix the ingredients together using a wooden spoon, provided there are no harsh ingredients inside the bowl (e.g. chillies)
The above will enrich the cooking experience for children. The above will teach them valuable cooking skills, along with keeping them safe in the kitchen, away from sharp utensils, hot surfaces, electricity and many other hazards in the kitchen.
Copyright © 2015-2016 by Karina Teuma