Fresh & Easy Carrot Salad!
- 350g carrots, peeled, then shaved with a potato peeler
- 120g mixed salad (could be any salad vegetable/s you like, such as capsicum, english spinach, cherry tomato and/or lettuce, chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large pinch pepper
- 1 small bunch fresh thai basil leaves, torn roughly, stems removed
- A few fresh thai basil leaves
Using a large bowl, add all your salad ingredients. Stir to combine well.
Compiling the beauty:
Pile the mixed salad onto the plate, then garnish with fresh thai basil leaves.
Serves 3-4 as a side dish.
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma