– 1 cup brown rice (boiled for 30 minutes, then drained)
– 4 eggs, beated (1 egg for rice mixture, 3 eggs for omelet)
– Cracked black pepper
– 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese, grated
– 2 low fat, chicken sausages, cooked, then sliced into bite-sized pieces
– 1 handful of roasted sweet potato, cubed small
Pre-heat your oven to 220°C, for 15 minutes.
Combine cooked brown rice, reduced fat cheese, one beaten egg and one large pinch of pepper.
Lightly grease a large half-dozen cupcake tray, then mould your rice mixture into the cupcake moulds in the tray. Ensure you firmly pat the rice to form the shape of the moulds, so as to compact this rice nicely.
Once oven has been preheated, place the rice moulds into your oven for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is crispy and dry.
Once your rice moulds are ready, whisk your 3 eggs, with a pinch of pepper, then pour this mixture into your rice moulds. Top your egg mixture with the sliced cooked chicken sausage and your roasted sweet potato pieces, then place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until your egg has cooked.
Compiling the beauty:
Arrange on a plate, to serve immediately, as an appetiser. If you are out and about, you can wrap these beauties in aluminium foil, then bring these with you. These are a very nutritious and convenient snack food.
Serves 6 as an appetiser.