Karina’s Super Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Soup with Buckwheat Noodles!
– 300 g chicken thai fillet, fat removed, cubed small
– 3 cm x 3 cm cubed piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
– 3 cloves of garlic, finely grated
– 1 pinch of black pepper
– 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
– 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
– 100 g buckwheat noodles per person, cooked to packet directions
– 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
– 1.5 litres of water
– 3 teaspoons of vegetables stock powder
– 3 shallots, roughly chopped
– 40 g kale, roughly chopped (including stems)
– 100 g red spinach (or green spinach), roughly chopped (including stems)
– 400 g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
– 1/2 teaspoon samba sakso (or red chilli paste)
– 1 x 400 g corn kernels
Using a medium sized pot, bring 1.5 litres of water to the boil, adding the stock powder to form a vegetable stock. Once water has been brought to the boil, add your garlic, chilli, ginger, sweet potato, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and black pepper. Boil for 8 minutes, or until sweet potato is cooked.
Note: while your sweet potato is cooking, you can cook your buckwheat noodles as per packet directions. Aim for 100 g of buckwheat noodles per person. After buckwheat noodles have cooked, strain well, then place at bottom of serving bowls.
After your sweet potato has cooked, turn the heat down to a simmer, then add your corn, red spinach, kale, shallots and chicken to the pot. Put the lid on, then cook for 5 minutes.
Compiling the Beauty:
After 5 minutes are over, or when the chicken has cooked, turn the heat to off, then pour the hot and nourishing soup over your buckwheat noodles.
Savour your nourishing bowl of beautiful, healthy soup!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma
You must be logged in to post a comment.