Karina’s Lean Avocado & Chicken Burgers!
This burger is great for your health. Get some into your belly and enjoy 🙂
- 500 g lean chicken mince
- 1 very small pink or red onion, diced finely
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g peeled sweet potato, grated finely
- 1/12 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of fresh and roughly chopped parsley, stalks removed
- Sweet chilli sauce to serve
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, to line baking tray
- 1 handful of fresh rocket leaves to serve
- 4 crusty and fresh low GI rolls e.g. wholemeal, soy & linseed, or any Low GI bread rolls you like.
- 1 medium avocado to serve, sliced thinly.
Preheat your oven to 200°C.
While your oven is preheating, place all your mixture ingredients into a large bowl, then mix well using a wooden spoon. Once your mixture is well combined, mould your mixture into four large patties, then set aside.
Line your baking tray using olive oil, ensuring your baking tray is cool to the touch and is not hot. Place your four large patties onto your lined baking tray, then place into your preheated oven and bake, for 35 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Once cooked, turn your oven to ‘off.’
Compiling the Beauty:
Lightly toast your fresh bread rolls, then cut each roll in half. Place a few rocket leaves on the base of your bread roll. Place one chicken patty on top of your rocket. Top with your avocado, a dollop of sweet chilli sauce, then close your burger with the crispy top.
Repeat with the other three burgers.
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma