Karina’s Super-Healthy Thyme, Carrot and Garlic soup with Supergrains Bread!
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 900 g carrots, sliced into rough cubes (don’t peel the carrot, just rinse it well and chop the ends off)
- 2 large pink or red onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 200 g sweet potato, roughly cubed
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked, to serve each person
- 1/2 teaspoon of tabasco sauce, to serve each person
- A tiny drizzle of olive oil, to serve each person
- 3 small slices of Supergrains bread, lightly toasted, to serve each person
Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large pot, then place on the stove. Turn the heat to medium. Wait for a few seconds, until the oil heats slightly, then add your onions and stir fry for 1 minute only. After 1 minute is over, add your garlic, then stir fry for 20 seconds, until aromatic.
Once aromatic, add your vegetable stock, your carrots and sweet potato. Bring this to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until just under cooked.
Once the 10 minutes are over, add your celery, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. One the 5 minutes are over, turn your stove to ‘off.’
Lightly toast your bread.
Compiling the beauty:
Ladle your soup into a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle a little olive oil and tabasco sauce over your soup. Finish by sprinkling your thyme leaves over your soup.
Serve with lovely toasted supergrains bread!
Serves 4 as a light meal
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma