Karina’s Father’s Day Chicken Pizza’s!
These pizza’s are the ultimate time-saver, are super-easy and reduces food waste!
Today was Father’s day in Australia. My family stuck with tradition and had a nice Father’s Day Lunch: BBQ style! We had BBQ chicken breast, BBQ chicken kebabs, low-fat chicken sausages, low-fat beef sausages and a massive greek salad.
- Whole wheat pita bread, as many or as little as you like
- Leftover BBQ Chicken (either lean chicken kebabs or lean chicken breast)
- Leftover greek salad (use spanish onion, olives, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese and capsicum – don’t use cucumber)
- Pizza topper herbs, to sprinkle per pizza
- Cracked black pepper, to sprinkle per pizza
- Grated low-fat pizza cheeses, half a handful per pizza
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, per pizza
N.B. you can use other types of leftover meat, to create your own unique pizzas….this is the fun part!
Once your oven is pre-heated, using oven mittens, place your pizza stones (or oven trays) onto a heat-safe surface. Pace as many of your pita breads onto these pizza stones as you prefer, then spoon tomato paste onto each one of these, as a pizza sauce base. Once this is completed, pile your leftover BBQ chicken onto your pizzas, then pile your leftover greek salad on top of this. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper and pizza topper herbs. Once this is done, complete your pizza with a sprinkle of your low-fat pizza cheeses, then place all your pizzas into the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes are over, or once your cheese has melted and the base is crispy, turn the oven to ‘off.’
Compiling the Beauty:
Arrange on a plate and enjoy, served with your favourite healthy drink.
Serves as much as you make!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma
You must be logged in to post a comment.