Fresh Vegetarian Rice Noodle Soup!
- 1 medium onion, peeled, then sliced finely
- 1 medium sized red capsicum, cored, deseeded and sliced into medium sized strips
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into disks
- 2 small red chills, sliced finely
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced finely
Last Minute ingredients:
- 1 large bunch of fresh thai basil, chopped
- A small amount of fresh thai basil, to garnish
- 1/2 a fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 450g fresh rice noodle sheets, cut into desired thickness
Using a medium-sized pot, combine all your ingredients into the pot, except for the Last Minute ingredients. Cook, on medium heat, for approximately 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked. Once cooked, turn the heat to low, then place your last minute ingredients into the same pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 2 minutes, or until the noodles have softened. Once cooked, turn the heat to off.
Compiling the Beauty:
Grab your favourite soup bowl, then ladle the ‘soup’er fresh soup into that bowl. Garnish with some more fresh thai basil.
Relax and enjoy!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma