Karina’s Fresh and Safe Cooking Tips for Kids!
- Before you cook with your child, ask your child to put on their apron and to keep them away from any sharp objects.
- Before you cook with your child, ask your child to clean their hands well.
- Before you cook with your child, ask your child to help you pick which fruits, vegetables and meat are the freshest.
- If your child likes the look of fish from the fresh seafood market, ask your child to look into the fish’s eyes, then ask your child “what do you see?” If the fish’s eyes are cloudy, tell your child not to buy it. If the fish’s eyes are clear, then tell your child the fish is fresh.
- Try to gradually build your child’s appreciation for food, by allowing them to help you to select the freshest ingredients, so that you can help your child in making safer food choices.
- Introduce your child to farm animals, so they know where their food came from. One important safety tip regarding this, would be to keep your child far away from an aggressive farm animal, bulls, goats and any other potentially aggressive animals.
Be Safe in the Kitchen!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma