Karina’s Healthy Cooking Tips!
Healthy cooking begins with a healthy shopping list. I know this sounds obvious, however, it is the crucial first step to healthy cooking. An even better first step, before you shop for your ingredients, is to try to grow what you can, so that you can help the environment at the same time 🙂
Here are some tips for a healthy shopping list:
- Choose low-fat and low-sugar foods, where possible
- Choose skinless chicken breasts
- Choose lean cuts of meat
- Don’t buy discoloured meat, as it may be old
- Buy the freshest fruit and vegetables. The fresher, the more nutrients are packed into it
- Limit fast foods, which are usually high in fat
- Try not to buy any sugary drinks
- Try to eat whole grains or wholemeal, wherever possible
- Eggs are an inexpensive source of protein
This is something to get “egg”cited about!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma