Karina’s “Herby” Low GI Vegetarian Thai Noodle Salad!
- 250g dried rice noodles (gluten free), cooked as per packet directions (if you don’t want gluten free, use fresh rice noodles from your local asian grocery).
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh thai basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil mint leaves
- 1 medium red onion, sliced finely
- 5 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 2 small carrots, shaved (using a potato peeler), then chopped into medium-sized pieces
- 1 cucumber, shaved (using a potato peeler), then chopped into medium-sized pieces
Combine all the above ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then mix all the ingredients well, using a fork and a spoon.
Compiling the Beauty:
Pile your rice noodle salad into your favourite bowl or plate.
Serves 4 as a light lunch.
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma