Karina’s Kale and Sweet Potato with Pasta!
– 70 g gluten free or low GI pasta shapes (you can use regular pasta if you like), cooked as per packet directions
– 1 small spanish onion, roughly diced
– 3 garlic cloves, grated finely
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 2 tablespoons of dried mixed italian herbs
– 60 g kale, roughly chopped, stalks removed, then boiled for 5 minutes
– 400 g sweet potato, peeled, cubed, then boiled for 8 minutes
– 1 x 400 g can of diced tomatoes
– A tiny sprinkle of finely grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Using a medium sized pot, cook one tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat, until warmed through (should only take about 10 seconds). Add your diced spanish onion, then cook on medium heat, stirring until translucent (should only take about 2 minutes). Add your grated garlic, give the onions and garlic a good stir to combine, then allow the garlic to cook for about 30 seconds. Once your onion and garlic are combined and your garlic has cooked, add your can of chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste and dried mixed italian herbs. Give everything a really good stir with a wooden spoon.
Add your boiled kale, boiled sweet potato and cooked pasta to the pot. Stir very well, ensuring the Kale is evenly distributed throughout the dish.
Compiling The Beauty:
Pile your delicious, nutritious, low GI and vegetarian light meal on your serving plate. Sprinkle a fine dusting of grated fresh parmesan cheese.
So, next time you buy some kale, be sure to try my recipe, otherwise, it may be ‘kaling’ you that you didn’t try it!
Copyright © 2015 by Karina Teuma