Karina’s Super-Easy and Super-Quick Prawn Laksa!
One of the reasons why I titled my recipe ‘See-Food,’ is because, once you ‘see’ it, then you won’t! A super-fast recipe to make and you’ll gobble it up even quicker!
– 125 g dried rice noodles
– 1 heaped teaspoon of vegetable stock powder
– 1 teaspoon of hot chilli paste (or you can use one large fresh chilli, thinly sliced)
– 1.5 cups light coconut milk from can
– 1 heaped tablespoon of Penang curry paste
– 2 Shallots (scallions), roughly snapped into large pieces
– 300 g raw peeled prawns, kept whole
– A fine sprinkling of paprika, to garnish
Soak your dried rice noodles, as per your packet directions. Drain, then rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
Place the following into your medium-sized saucepan: coconut milk, curry paste, stock powder, chilli paste and shallots (scallions). Bring this mixture to the boil for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until all ingredients have dissolved into each other.
Add your whole prawns, then simmer for 3 minutes (5 minutes if frozen). Ensure your prawns have turned a blushed pink-orange colour, so you know they’re cooked.
Compiling the Beauty:
Pour your cooked noodles into the base of your soup bowl. Take your Prawn Laksa broth and pour this into your prepared bowl, ensuring you scoop your prawns into your bowl last. Sprinkle your completed Prawn Laksa with Paprika, for presentation and a smokey flavour.
Feel this classic comfort soup make your belly happy!