My Easy One-Pot Brown Rice Mediterranean Salad!
– 2 large handfuls of fresh basil, torn
– 2 cups brown rice
– 2 large handfuls of sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
– 4 tablespoons of sun-dried tomato oil (from jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
– 4 large cloves of garlic, minced finely
– 1 large red capsicum, diced small
– 2 handfuls of Kalamata olives, sliced roughly
– 1 medium zucchini, diced small
– 5 large tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
– 1 medium brown onion, cubed finely
– 1 medium juicy lemon, squeezed
– 1 large pinch of pepper to taste
Boil the rice, as per the packet directions. Once rice has boiled, strain the rice, leaving a small amount of the cooking liquid in the pot, then place the rice back into the pot.
Add your garlic, onion, zucchini and sun-dried tomato oil, then cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 10 minutes on low heat until the onions are semi-translucent. Add your sun-dried tomatoes, capsicum, kalamata olives, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, pepper and torn fresh basil!
Compiling the beauty:
Serve in your favourite large salad serving bowl and enjoy! This salad is fantastic to bring to picnic lunches, as I did today for a friends birthday!
Serves a tribe!